How to Be Assertive
Whether in parenting, a relationship, or in business, assertive communication enhances your effectiveness, confidence, and personal and professional success. Assertive communication builds self-esteem, enhances honesty and intimacy in relationships, creates collaborative win-win situations, and reduces anxiety and depression. Conflict is a big source of stress. Being assertive and setting boundaries and limits actually reduce stress, while benefiting your career, relationships, and sense of well-being.
In this webinar you’ll learn how to improve overall communication, handle complaints, de-escalate conflict, and stand up to aggression. Here are a few of the many things you’ll learn:
- How to recognize your style, whether passive, aggressive, or assertive.
- New techniques to become assertive and improve non-verbal communication.
- Handy tips to avoid pitfalls when speaking assertively and setting boundaries.
- How to distinguish reactions from responses.
- Guidelines for how to respond rather than react.
- The formula to turn conflict into compromise
- What are your specific rights and boundaries.
- Strategies for setting limits.
- Tips and Do’s and Don’ts of setting boundaries and saying, “No.”
- Pointers for setting limits in the workplace and how to manage complaints and aggression.
- The 3-Strike rule in setting boundaries.
- Rules for setting limits and asking for what you want in personal relationships.
- Role play exercises for being assertive, setting limits, and managing complaints and abuse.